Procurement of printed circuit boards and components (if applicable, with obsolescence and availability check)
Printed circuit boards or other substrates are present in all electronic modules and determine their functionality and quality. We have been working closely together with top manufacturers for years.
Whoever wants to survive in global competition must keep their material costs at an internationally competitive level.
As a customer of vbe, you will benefit from our long-term contacts and our status as a major client during the procurement of active, passive and electromechanical components, printed circuit boards, mechanic components, and cables.
Component obsolescence management
We support our customers in recognising component shortages and discontinuations in advance thanks to our software:
- Database with more than 250 million components from thousands of manufacturers
- Central component information
- Component information directly from the manufacturer
- Teams of experts updating the database continuously
- Identification of procurement risks and replacement products, as well as suppliers and warehouse stocks
Printed circuit boards
Armed with the awareness of how fundamentally important the quality of the printed circuit board is for the complete electronic system, we have been operating an excellent PCB-sourcing for more than 40 years thanks to our expertise.
- From rapid prototyping to large-scale production
- Rigid, flexible, as well as Starr-Flex printed circuit boards
- Electrical testing (interruption and short-circuit) according to Gerber data prior to delivery
- Preparation of a COC
- Approval criteria in accordance with the current IPC-A-600 class 2.
- All production partners are DIN EN ISO 9001 and DIN EN ISO 14001 certified and are UL listed. Additionally, it is possible to have the manufacturing executed according to IATF 16949.
Storage under defined environmental conditions
Thanks to our professionally run warehouse, we ensure that we can also fill short-term production orders in a timely manner. We secure the functional capability and long-life cycle of the sensitive electronic components through an extensive quality and protection concept. Upon request, we run separate component warehouses for our customers with the customer-specific stock lists.
The storage of the sensitive components is software-supported. The ESD-protection is mandatory. We manage the component handling and protection via bar codes.
vbe uses nitrogen for the purpose of long-term storage. We store components sensitive to humidity in drying cabinets in accordance with the MSL-class. The status of the warehouse goods is monitored by software.